Russian-American Community Center of Florida
RACCF Information Office, 407-512-6587
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Russian-American Community Sponsors International Peace & Film Festival
WINTER PARK, Fla. (October 9, 2015) The Russian-American Community Center of Florida (RACCF) will host the International Peace & Film Festival from November 12-15, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 7800 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL. The event features independent 100+ films from 65 countries, attending diplomats from foreign and local embassies and a representative from the US State Department. Cultural performances and knowledge sharing sessions with guest speakers are also scheduled.
“The festival is intended as a face to face experience where every member of the audience can engage and establish international relationships through independent film, knowledge sharing and cultural exchange. This is how peace is achieved, through understanding and connecting with people from all over the world.”, said Jef Gray, Festival Director & Founder.
The first two days of the festival are devoted to films, with continued screenings taking place during the diplomatic and speaker sessions on days three and four. Films are divided into 5 categories: Documentary, International Narrative, Shorts, Music Video and Student.
A sample of premier screenings include:
- FUTURE DREAMING, an Australian documentary featuring festival keynote speaker Dr. David Martin, Ph.D.
- VASENIN, a Russian documentary about a World War II veteran
- LIQUID BORDERS, an Indian documentary about life near bordering nations of India
Knowledge Sharing Sessions feature speakers from Nepal, United Kingdom, Russia, China and the United States.
An awards ceremony, including a national costume fashion show, will serve as the Grande Finale of the event on November 15, 2015. Filmmakers will compete for the following recognition:
- Ambassador of Peace: The highest award of the festival.
- Avant-Garde: Awarded to the film with highest level of technical achievement used to present a story.
- Enlightenment: Films which best explore and document a cultural art, lifestyle or history.
- Essence: Awarded to the top film in the shorts category
- Rising Star: The Rising Star Award is given to the top four performers in the student film category
- Best Screenplay, Best Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Lead Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and numerous Judges Choice awards
For additional details including guest speaker info, ticket sales and a listing of all 100+ film trailers, visit the festival website: http://PeaceFestival.us
“We are excited to welcome and support the International Peace and Film Festival. We wish to bring global awareness to the Orlando regions value and capabilities in the production industry.”
Sheena Fowler, Orlando Film Commissioner
Founded in 2010, the Russian-American Community Center of Florida is a nonprofit, public charity serving Russian speakers living in the state of Florida through community events, cultural programs, language schools, compatriot services and linguistic assistance. RACCF Offices are located in Winter Park and Tampa; organizers located in Orlando, Kissimmee, Oviedo, Tampa Bay, St Petersburg, Tallahassee, Palm Beach, Miami, Sunny Isles, Palm Coast and Jacksonville.
# # #
Board Chairman and President
Russian-American Community Center of Florida, Inc.
2054 State Rd 436, Unit 105
Winter Park, FL 32792
501©3 Public Charity: #27-2583246